CONSULTANCY SERVICES AND VERIFICATION OF THE PROJECT DOCUMENTATION FOR THE MOCHOVCE NPP UNIT 3&4 COMPLETION IN PART OF NUCLEAR ISLAND, SLOVAK REPUBLIC
Rizzo Associates Czech is a major supplier for the project of the Mochovce NPP Units 3&4 completion.
The project stands for a follow-up of the initial phase of preparations for the Mochovce NPP, Unit 3&4 (Introductory project) completion.
The co-operation with the company Slovenske elektrarne within the Mochovce NPP Unit 3&4 completion takes place on several levels. Long-term co-operation corresponds to both the size of the performed projects and their complexity. Rizzo Associates Czech has developed a concept of seismic evaluation for this project and is involved in the evaluation of seismic safety and preparation of seismic qualification reports for newly supplied structures, mechanical and electrical components and piping systems. The activity of Rizzo Associates Czech lies primarily in the preparation and realization of equipment qualification programs, the development of independent verifications, summary and calculation reports of strength, lifetime and seismic resistance structures, systems and components (SSC). As part of the long-term co-operation Rizzo Associates Czech provides to Slovenske elektrarne a wide scope of services ranging from the development of methodologies, static and dynamic calculations, and equipment qualification (analytical and experimental verification of functional capability) to the plant walkdowns of technological equipment and structures.
The individual activities within the consulting services and the assessment of the project documentation are as follows:
- Methodology: Requirements on evaluation of seismic resistance of structures, systems and components in Mochovce NPP, Units 3&4.
- Methodology: Assurance of the complex qualification of structures, systems and components in Mochovce NPP, Units 3&4.
- Database to manage the complex equipment qualification.
- Development of the qualification specifications for supplied equipment.
- Methodology: Evaluation of seismic resistance of structures, systems and components after installation.
- Methodology: Type solution of the anchorage elements for seismic safe SSCs.
- Independent verifications of calculation reports of strength, lifetime and seismic resistance of SSCs.
- Development of summary reports of strength, lifetime and seismic resistance of SSCs and of summary qualification reports.
- Reviews of reports of strength, lifetime and seismic resistance of SSCs.
The total project level of effort exceeds 4 700 man-hours.
All activities in the framework of the project were performed in accordance with the company’s quality policy. At the same time, mainly Slovak national and internationally recognized normative technical documentation were used as acceptance criteria, especially ASME BPVC (Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code), NTD A.S.I. (Normative and Technical Documentation of the Czech Association of Mechanical Engineers) and relevant IAEA documentation. Performing the project, Rizzo Associates Czech cooperates closely with the customer and partner organizations.